- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Komen West Texas establishes funding priorities and a Statement of Needs by conducting a needs assessment every four years. Applicants are encouraged to develop their programs with these needs in mind.
- Increase awareness and education of breast health and breast cancer in women living in Moore and Hutchinson counties.
- Increase access to breast health care for women living in Moore and Hutchinson counties.
- Increase breast health and breast cancer knowledge among individuals living in Potter and Randall counties.
- Increase access to breast health care for women living in Potter and Randall counties, especially those with proven breast cancer disparities.
- Increase screening of women ages 40 and over in the service area, with an emphasis in Lamb and Hockley counties.
- Increase educational efforts in the service area, with an emphasis in Hockley County.
- Develop an outreach campaign that informs citizens about free screening opportunities, financial assistance, support, and education in the service area, with an emphasis in Hale and Lamb counties.
- Provide educational and outreach materials in both English and Spanish–as well as Spanish-speaking staff at educational and service events, when possible–and target efforts for the above priorities and objectives to best reach all population segments in the target counties of Hale and Hockley.
- Increase breast health, breast cancer education, and breast health care in rural populations.
Please note: Susan G. Komen® is not a direct service provider. We do not provide funds directly to individuals for screening or treatment, nor do we make referrals or determine who is eligible for screening and treatment.